Sunday, June 2, 2013

Thanks Mrs. Quads for South Dakota

Thanks Mrs. Quads for South Dakota


We have now found a cache in 46% of the states in the United States. It was a tag team effort on this cache but we made the find together even though we are 839.7 miles apart.  Here is my log for the cache GCYP6Y  Eastbound Rest Stop @MM218 Oh and thanks for the mile marker number in the cache name really helped a ton.

This cache was a tag team effort by the quads. Mr Quads was back at home looking at the map while Mrs. Quads was driving to Indiana from SE Washington. We didn't have South Dakota so I made the route through SD so the Mrs. could get it. I noticed this morning she had not gotten a cache near the hotel in Rapid City where she stayed last night, knew she wasn't real good with the smart phone apps and really didn't care all that much she just wants to get to her parents house as soon as she could. Yes I know she probably thought about how much I really wanted us to get SD but she just my play the I forgot card because it was going to waste way to much time. Not a chance I was going to let that happen. I used Google Latitude to see how far across SD she had made it and then panned across the map to the east to see if I could find a rest stop cache and yours is the lucky guy. I knew it was going to be a bit tough to get her to use the Geocaching apps on the phone so I zoomed in on the satellite imagery to see if I could just direct her from halfway across the country. BINGO and easy to direct hide! So I called her and she was only 8 miles away. I was able to direct her to the fifth parking stall and tell her exactly what to look under and she had it in hand in no time. Log was very wet and needs some love but that is OK for us because we have SOUTH DAKOTA NOW!!!!! Plus just a few more days till I leave on the Insane Train and get 13 more states! Check us out mrquads.blogspot.com Thanks for the rest stop cache so my kids and wife could pee and I could get SD....I mean WE could get SD Love you Hunny;)



So as we site at 46% of the states all I can think of is the 13 states we are going to get next weekend to bring my percentage up to 72% in one weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. Judging by the shadow it's an LPC! That is just great!! Follow the shadow to the cache! Nothing like a quick skirt lifter at the rest area :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step back for a second and realize how amazing it is that you can talk to someone in a moving car and, without planning, easily direct them to a specific two square foot area from half a continent away. We live in amazing times.

    ReplyDelete