Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Getting back to the basics


Getting back to the basics

While I love the numbers runs with my friends from all over I am very glad to have hit my 10,000 cache (not logged yet Washington Delrome Challenge Sept 16th) so I can slow down with all these self-imposed goals and deadlines and get back to what was the most fun about geocaching.

 
 

All these pictures are from our first three months of caching. September 16th 2006 through December 2006. I loved caching with my family and while I still cache with them the last year has seen me go on these long weekend caching trips with friends while I leave my family behind.
Well I am happy to say we have cache a ton as a family since I got my 10,000th. Almost all of the finds have been as a family, and most of those are day long caching trips.



These pictures are all from the last two months. While I am planning a couple trips for next year that will take me from my family, I am planning a bunch that we all go together. I am going to try and take them on a power run this spring, 5 or more waterfalls in a weekend. I hope we can get five to ten caches that weekend but who cares if we do, we are getting back to the reason I loved caching so much when I first started, adventure with the whole family.
Please don’t think that I am bashing numbers runs or anything like that, I just love geocaching and the fact that you can make this game anything you want it to be. I am just getting back to friends and family caching without a ton of numbers. Thanks for reading now get off the computer or phone and go caching!

3 comments:

  1. :)) You CAN make it anything you want.....so true! Nice pics Quads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember not all that long ago watching you get #4000! Well I think it was 4000. Keep enjoying what your doing! Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha silly if you are thinking of our Utah run it was #3000

      Delete