Monday, March 4, 2013

How many days?

How Many Days?


 



That is what I hear most from non-cachers when I try and tell them about our trip. I also hear it a bit from fellow cachers who don’t know us very well. This is one reason I love to plan and do these types of trips, it a Smokey and the Bandit thing and most people don’t understand.  If you have never seen the original Smokey and the Bandit then I suggest you sit down with some popcorn and give it a go so you might have a little clue as to how and why I do these runs. I still love the theme song and sing it often on our caching trip.

 “East bound and down, loaded up and truckin' a'we gonna do what they say can't be done We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there I'm east bound just watch ol'Bandit run”



An old video of my daughter and I going to Victoria BC on a caching vacation.
 
So yes we are going to travel  in 2,800 miles by car and 1,400 miles by plane as the crow flies in just 5 days  2 days flying and 3.5 days driving.  We are also thinking of hosting two or three events around the country. But only on the nights that we actually sleep in a hotel.

So if you know of anything on our route that is a MUST do and won’t take up very much time please let us know so we can look into adding it. Time permitting of course. We already are adding a cache by one of our local cachers who has one near family in Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment